Friday, August 12, 2011

Comcast Sucks ..... Sometimes!

I rarely have a complaint about Comcast because generally their service is quite reliable. But when they mess up or starting sucking, they suck big time. I will tell you my little story of how Comcast sucks.


About 3:00pm, on Monday, August 8th, on of their employees was outside tinkering with the poles that provide Comcast service. This employee disconnected my service in error but at the time of the outage, I was not aware of this. So I called Comcast for a little assistance and they tried everything or well, at least, I think everything because the employee and I had a small communication issue. The customer service person told me the best they could do is Friday, August 12th which I told him that would never work - if I had no internet, then I don't get paid and neither does Comcast. Miraculously, a "cancellation" appeared on Wednesday, August 10th. This time the agent said he couldn't get any better than that. I accepted that but he suggested I call periodically to see if anything opens up. So I called about 5 hours later to ask if anything new opened up. Not yet and I don't even want to get into the soothing (placating) voice woman who attempted to sell me Disney Movie Channels when my service was off. She tried hard too! Asked me if I had children or my nieces or nephews.


The next morning I called to check to see if anything opened up and nothing had opened yet. So I am talking with the hag and my neighbor says hello to me, so I say hello back and he starts up a conversation. During this time, I asked did he have Comcast and was it working. He confirmed that he did and that it was working. So it must be just me. He then said that there was a Comcast employee tinkering with the poles in the back yesterday about 3:00pm - which was about the time my service went out. So, at the urging of the hag, I called Comcast and explained that their employee had disconnected my service and that I want someone out here today as soon as possible to correct their error. This fucking cunt tells me that the best she can do is tomorrow, August 10th, between 1 - 4pm. I told her I already had an appointment earlier in the day for August 10th. The FC then asks, "Would you like me to call local dispatch and see if they have anything available?" I told her I would appreciate that and she said let me put you on hold for a few moments. The FC then comes back and says, "Will today between 2 - 5pm be okay for you?" I confirmed that I would be home and she says just one moment and puts me back on hold. She comes back and says, "Let me just get this confirmation in there and it's all set. Is there anything else I can do for you?" The back of my mind was screaming get the confirmation number but I told her everything was good and thanked the FC for getting that appointment for me. So I go to my house at 1:45pm and wait until about 4:15pm. Then I call Comcast.....and that's where the sucking vortex known as Comcast customer service kicks in. The customer service guy explains to me that there is no appointment for today at all and that my appointment is on August 10th between 1 - 4pm. He further explains that they have no way to call local dispatch to ask those kinds of questions. Oh, and he tells me I was misinformed! No. Your useless cunt of an agent outright lied to me. Misinformed is where you may have it slightly wrong. So, this fucking cunt not only lies to me about an appointment but also switches me from my August 10th, 10am - 1pm appointment to an August 10th, 1 - 4pm appointment. Do you see why she's a fucking cunt?


I attempted to call home office but they were already closed.


So I call back to Comcast and ask to speak to a supervisor. I got Gary, the Floor Supervisor, who wasn't much better help than the customer service people, to which, I had already spoken. He explains to me that my earlier appointment on August 10th was cancelled by their automated system because they had declared an outage in the area and the system automatically assumes that all service calls are because of the outage. He then proceeded to apologize profusely (never mind that I had already told him I am sick of the apologies as they don't mean squat since their employee disconnected my service in error and one of your reps (i.e. the fucking cunt) outright lied to me) and offered me a $20 credit on my next bill. $20! While I don't expect Comcast to make up the funds that I lost due to their stupidity, I do expect a little more than $20.


To add a little more insult to injury, the technician arrives on Wednesday at about 2:15pm, goes straight to the service pole, corrects the problem and then calls me on the phone to say you are right, our technician disconnected your service in error, please verify your services now work. HE DIDN'T EVEN FUCKING COME INSIDE!!


The problem really is that Comcast has no REAL competition out here. AT&T U-Verse is in the area but since their service arrives in the area on fiber optic cable but then flows into your house through your phone lines........My house is about 75 years old, so the phone lines are most likely useless. U-Verse even has some great things about it except that modem/router they give you will work for a while wirelessly but then that stops and you must hook directly into the modem/router to get the speeds you pay for. So, while Comcast isn't a TRUE monopoly, they are a monopoly nonetheless.


As the title suggests, Comcast sucks - sometimes and when they do, it's like they have a team in the Sucky Olympics to see which employees can qualify to suck and which can apologize the hardest without actually doing anything.





No comments:

Post a Comment